Hi. Things have CHANGED since we last spoke. It’s a whole new reality out there, thanks to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic circling the Earth. We’re staying indoors (most of us, anyway). Restaurants have closed down or become drive-thrus. Our favorite stores and businesses have shut their doors. We’re working from home – alongside our kids & partners. At any given moment there is simultaneously more news than we can handle, and yet no new news at all. There’s a word for all of this: bonkers.
Seriously, we know this is an uncertain and confusing and frustrating (and bonkers) time – but even as the world has changed drastically in the space of two weeks, what HASN’T change is our passion for the wonderful people in our community and team. We’re glad the real estate market is still functioning, but we’re even more glad our clients and partners are safe.
As COVID-19 continues to spread, there’s nothing more important to us than the well-being of those in our community. Here are some tips along with several resources we wanted to share, in hopes it’ll keep you safe. We’ll update this entry with new information as we have it. Meanwhile, stay vigilant, stay healthy, and stay inside!
Best Practices in a Pandemic
The CDC urges individuals to take these measures to protect themselves & others:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing by staying out of crowded places, avoiding group gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
To help you keep you and your loved ones safe, we’ve pulled together resources and tools from trusted sources.
CDC Resources for COVID-19
World Health Organization Resources for COVID-19
Good luck out there! We’ll see you on the other side of this thing. And, if you need support – know that we’re here for you! Just reach out and we’ll be glad to lend a hand if we can!
– GO Realty